Security Audits – Policy
The main aim of security audits is to validate controls in place and ensure they compare with any policy documents in which procedures are laid to meet the requirements.
Information security is necessary to ensure business continuity and minimise damage by preventing and reducing the impact of security incidents.
Experience has shown that the following factors are often critical to the successful implementation of information security within an organisation:
- security objectives and activities based on management objectives.
- visible support and commitment from top management;
- a good understanding of the security risks, both threats and vulnerabilities, to organisation assets and of the level of security inside the organisation, which should be based on the value and importance of the assets;
- effective marketing of security to all managers and employees;
- the distribution of information security policy and standards expected to all employees and contractors.
“Systems are only as secure as their weakest link.”
The overall purpose is to evaluate the current status of each component, with a view to attaining the best solution for each of the objectives set out. Areas typically covered would include:For examples of security audit assignments →
Physical & Environmental Security
Computer & Network Management
Media Handling & Security
Data and Software Exchange
System Access Control
Monitoring System Access & Use
System maintenance and development
Asset Classification and Control
In today’s business environment, everyone has IT assets such as computers, networks, mobile devices and most importantly data. To protect those assets, companies need to undertake IT security audits so as to establish the level of security that exists together with their potential threats, we can help…For examples of security audit assignments →
Our expertise and experience uniquely combines electronic forensic skills, with an understanding of corporate finance.
Asset Tracing – Audit – Computer Security – Digital Forensics – Due Diligence – eDiscovery – Fraud Investigation
Intelligence Gathering -Passwords Analysis – Penetration Testing – Wireless Security
Services underpinned with expertise and experience.